HOUSTON WING TSUN KUNG FU
"Teaching the average guy how to fight
better than the average guy."
Learn Personal defense, self-confidence, body mechanics, explosiveness, all-around fitness, and how to control opponents using their own force against them - through Wing Tsun Kung Fu!
Wing Tsun is:
- A purely concept-oriented, ultramodern 300+ year-old fighting system;
- Based on concepts that govern all hand-to-hand combat;
- Great for your own well-being - but a nightmare for any would-be attacker!
Come give us a chance to show you that you can do something you never thought you were capable of.
1608 Cullen Blvd., Houston, Texas 77023
PHONE: (832) 452-9966
Wing Tsun is really nothing more than a set of OPTIONS that other fighting methods don't usually offer. You can choose to use or not use any of them in whatever fighting practice you are pursuing now. It's totally up to you.
The thing is that, in learning these options, there are certain "dos' and "don'ts" involved. Unfortunately, that fact makes certain people try and turn it into a "style" of Kung Fu - but it's not.
It's much better to see Wing Tsun as a MODE OF INQUIRY into fighting situations and principles. It has to remain subject to testing and revision at all times, so it can grow. Otherwise, it dies.
That is the reason it was given its name. The name means "eternal springtime" or "forever growing". If you try to cast it in stone or seal it in plexiglass, it may still look pretty, but it also dies. Then you have to change its name into "forever dead."
Here at the Wing Tsun Backyard, we keep this endless process of testing and revision alive. Strangely, in the process we often discover that we don't really have to change it at all. We usually find that we're simply exploring all of its possibilities to the max. "Wing Tsun" is already flexible enough to accommodate that process - just like water.
So, forgive me for paraphrasing the late great Bruce Lee:
It's Your Body. It's Your Mind. It's Your Wing Tsun!
Visit our YouTube Channel.
- Why Wing Tsun?
- Why Wing Tsun? Why not MMA or some other martial arts? Why here, at the Wing Tsun Backyard?
- Sifu Alex Wallenwein
- Alex Wallenwein's bio as a Wing Tsun Instructor
- Learning Wing Tsun
- What does 'learning Wing Tsun' really mean?
- Practicing Wing Tsun
- Practicing Wing Tsun the wrong way has the opposite effect. Here is how to do it the right way:
- Teaching Wing Tsun
- Teaching Wing Tsun is a natural extension of your training - so why not do it professionally?
- Wooden Dummy Training at Backyard Wing Tsun
- Wooden dummy training starts early at Backyard Wing Tsun.
- Wing Tsun Classes & Location
- Houston's Backyard Wing Tsun Class Times & Location.
- Backyard Wing Tsun Curriculum
- A short description of the training curriculum at Houston's Backyard Wing Tsun Kung Fu.
- Wing Tsun Seminars with Sifu Simon Mayer
- Wing Tsun Seminars with Sifu Simon Mayer happen four times a year at Houston's Wing Tsun Backyard.
- Backyard WingTsun - Testimonials
- What people are saying about Backyard Wing Tsun.
- Backyard Wing Tsun Site Blog
- Stay up to date with changes to our website. Just click 'subscribe', and you will.
- Resource Pages for Backyard Wing Tsun Students
- 'Martial Arts Houston' is a free local directory that provides an overview of the martial arts scene in Houston, Texas.
- Wing Tsun Equipment
- WIng Tsun equipment page for Houston's 'Backyard' Wing Tsun Kung Fu.
- Wing Tsun Lat Sao: Simple is Better
- In Wing Tsun Lat Sao training, simple is indeed better. Needless complexity defeats the purpose.